Gazelle Horn Biscuits
I was watching Come Dine With Me today and this lady made Gazelle horn biscuits! I had these once before, but never knew how to make them.
100g Ground Almonds
2 tablespoons water
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of oil
Enough water to make into a dough
It's a simple recipe, but it seemed to do the trick, and tasted pretty good!
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees
2) Mix the almonds and sugar together and bring together with the water until it forms a paste. Set aside
3) Sieve the flour, cinnamon and salt together
4) add the oil and add enough water so that it forms a dough
5) Roll the dough really thin!
6) Use a round cookie cutter and cut circles out of the dough
7) Get the almond paste and roll into little sausages, place in the centre of the circles and fold over
8) Use a bit of water to seal the edges, use a fork to seal to make it look pretty
9) Place in oven for around 20-25 mins
10) Cool on cooling rack and then dust with icing sugar (I didn't have any do didn't do this)