I really wanted to give homemade pizza a go, since pizza from the takeaway these days are expensive and you don't get enough topping! This was a first attempt, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It turned out great though!
375g plain flour (extra for dusting)
7g yeast (the wee sachets are best I think!)
2 tbsp oil
~225ml warm water (to activate the yeast!)
1. First, sieve the flour, yeast, salt, sugar into a mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the middle of the flour mound with a wooden spoon
3. Add the oil into the well, and slowly add the warm water. Mix the flour together and enough water to make a firm dough.
4. Dust the work bench with flour, I used a lot because it kept sticking. Flour your hands too
5. Knead the dough! Keep kneading for around 5 minutes.
6. The dough should be very elastic (it should bounce back when you poke it) and it should look smooth
7. Place in a lightly oiled mixing bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for about half and hour to an hour.
8. After it has risen, take it out of the bowl and knead again, until it's back to it's normal shape.
9. Roll the dough out until it's around 3mm thick. Either make a large pizza, or cut the dough into smaller bits
This has a cheesy crust! I placed mozzarella cheese around the edges and folded over (it needed more cheese...maybe something like a cheese string!)
Before you add your toppings, move the rolled out dough onto an oiled baking tray (I made a mistake by doing it on the counter, and it was a nightmare to move to the baking tray!)
Load your toppings!
Heat in an oven at 190 degrees Celsius for around 25 minutes
Voila. This is our pizza feast. We decided on a pizza feast because it was a Saturday :) and pizza is yummy!
This is going to be a regular occurrence! I love making pizza!