American Corn Dogs Recipe
So it was the American Super Bowl on yesterday! So I decided to make corn dogs!!!
I've always wondered what corn dogs taste like. I've never had one.
I basically found a basic recipe online and adapted it a little. I also don't have scales, or cup measurements! I basically used a small glass tumbler as my measuring tool.
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 medium egg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
2 inches of oil in a pan
1 pack of frankfurters (halved)
1. Heat about 2 inches of oil in a pan
2. Sift the plain flour and cornmeal together.
3. Whisk the butter milk and egg together
4. Pour into the dry ingredients and then mix the batter well (it should be quite thick!)
5. Cover the franks with batter!
6. Place the covered franks into the hot oil slowly.
Use chopsticks or tongs to help flip the corn dogs around in the oil for around 2-3 minutes.
*Concentration* making sure they don't burn!
Voila! Corn dogs! I couldn't get them to have a nice shape. It must be the way I'm putting them into the oil!
They were very tasty! Serve with a little salad, some ketchup, mayo, mustard, bbq sauce..what ever you fancy!
They're supposed to be a bit fluffier. I watered my batter mix too much with the buttermilk. I would probably add less buttermilk next time to get an even thicker batter!
Yum! Hope you all enjoy this recipe ^-^!
'till next time,