Lentil, Tomato and Basil Soup Recipe
2 cans chopped tomatoes
400g cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 red onion, diced
4 bell peppers, diced and roasted
200g smooth quark
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 green chilli, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil
salt, pepper, dried basil
1. Fry the onions, garlic , chilli and ginger in a pot
2. Add the tinned tomatoes and the cherry tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the bell peppers, lentils and the quark.
4. Pour in 225ml water and leave to cook for about 20 minutes on a low heat.
5. Season with salt, pepper, dried basil.
6. Blitz the soup, then add the chopped basil and blitz again.
This soup is one of my favourites! It tastes like real tomatoes and not the artificial flavours you get from canned soups. The fresh basil gives the soup a nice flavour! I love basil!