Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Brownies! I love Brownies!
Here's a super simple recipe. I'll warn you now, if you mix too much air into this, it will rise too much and overflow then sink right down.
200g Dark chooclate
65g plain wheat flour
250g soft butter
1tsp baking powder
360g caster sugar
80g cocoa powder
1. Melt the chocolate and the butter in a bowl over hot water.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the melted chocolate and butter. Mix.
4. Beat the eggs and add slowly to the mixture. Don't over mix!
5. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
6. Leave in the tin until cooled before cutting.
If you see the brownies deflate, don't worry. You can neaten the slices up by removing it from the tin, and trimming the edges. It will still look and taste fine.
Mine did deflate a little, but all I did was let it cool, cut it out of the tin and they were fine.
They came out soft and gooey, like a brownie should be! It would be great served hot with a dollop of ice cream.