Blogmas Day 2: Gingerbread Recipe (no molasses)
1 cup butter
3/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg, whisked
2 1/2 cups plain white flour
2tsp baking soda
2 tbsp gingerbread spice (or mix equal parts, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and nutmeg)
1. Put the white sugar, brown sugar and butter in a bowl and cream them together until it turns a pale colour.
2. Add the whisked egg, and beat into the mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and the spices.
4. Gradually, incorporate the dry mix into the wet mixture, and roll into a ball.
5. On a lightly floured surface, need the dough a little and then roll it out (half a cm thickness).
6. Use cookie cutters to cut the gingerbread men out.
The gingerbread turned out pretty well, even though I didn't have a cookie cutter! I drew the shape onto a piece of paper, then used it as a template to cut out the dough. One day, I hope to use this same recipe to make a full gingerbread house!
If you gave these a go, please leave a comment, or tweet me!